EBACE Safety Workshop
Sunday, May 13, 2012 • Palexpo • Geneva, Switzerland
The EBACE Safety Workshop, developed primarily for professionals in the business aviation community in Europe, is an effort to provide critical information and training that is directly related to human performance. Eight out of ten accidents are caused by human failure, not equipment failure. Workshop Sessions will be presented by subject matter experts and will provide insight, knowledge, critical information and training directly related to human performance. The EBACE Safety Workshop is neither aircraft nor manufacturer specific, and will include information that is applicable to any aircraft flown. It is being offered at no charge. The Safety Workshop will challenge you to change the way you think about safety.
EBACE Safety Workshop Pricing
Free registration includes workshop materials, lunch and closing reception.
A separate, paid registration is required to attend EBACE2012.
Register now for the EBACE Safety Workshop.
EBACE Safety Workshop Agenda
- 08:30 – 09:00
- 09:00 – 09:30
- Welcome, Introductions & Business Aviation Safety Overview
Presented by: Brian Humphries, EBAA; Doug Carr, NBAA; Don Spruston, IBAC; and Joji Waites, UK CAA-BASP
- 09:30 – 10:30
- Professionalism: Are We As Good As We Think? What Would a Gold Standard Look Like?
Presented by: Captain Rod Sears, Cranfield; Rick Rowe, Bombardier Business Aircraft
- 10:30 – 10:45
- 10:45 – 11:30
- The Role of Training and Testing in Achieving Best in Class Standards
Presented by: Richard Walsh, HP
- 11:30 – 12:30
- Local and Regional ATC Perspectives on Business Aviation Standards and the Effect of the 2012 Olympics on Airspace Access
Presented by: Speakers from Eurocontrol, NATS, NATS/DfT
- 12:30 – 13:30
- 13:30 – 14:15
- Reducing the Occurrences of Approach and Landing Accidents and Runway Excursions
Presented by: Yvonne Page, European Working Group, Prevention of Runway Excursions
- 14:15 – 15:15
- Fatigue Management for Safe Operations
Presented by: Alertness Solutions
- 15:15 – 15:30
- 15:30 – 16:15
- The Role of SMS in Enhancing Safety for Small Operators
Presented by: Simon Roberts, UK CAA
- 16:15 – 17:00
- Emergency Response Planning – Are You Ready for the Unexpected?
Presented by: Brian Humphries, EBAA and Doug Carr, NBAA
- Open Forum & Adjournment
Presented by: Aoife O’Sullivan, Gates & Partners
- 17:00 – 18:00
- Closing Cocktail Reception & EBAA Safety Awards
For More Information
For more information on the EBACE Safety Workshop, please contact NBAA's Doug Carr at firstname.lastname@example.org.